One of the tricks to cutting your grocery bill is actually *using* your freezer. By using it, I don't mean simply buying stuff at the lowest cost and putting it in the freezer, never to seen again. If it's anything like mine, it's stuffed to the brim. I'm not sure that I can fit one more thing in it, even with some juggling. I have a chest style freezer, and I'm not even completely sure what's at the bottom. It's a treasure chest of bargains- let's go hunting! I'm spending the next few weeks planning my menu out of the freezer.
Here's a map of my menu for this week:
Sunday: Popeye Pie (using bargain spinach, the free ham I was given for Christmas at my workplace, organic eggs that I snagged on about to expire special, and organic cottage cheese I got for .25 cents about to expire and froze.)
Monday: Baked eggplant Parmesan (everything, from eggplant to cheese, is from my freezer. Well, everything except the eggs.)
Tuesday: Buffalo style chicken wings, sauteed zucchini with Parmesan and walnuts - all from my freezer, with the exception of Frank's Red Hot for the wing sauce.
Wednesday: chili (to utilize the tons and tons of tomatoes I bought up for next to nothing, then froze. Thanks for the tip, Crystal!)
Thursday: Marinated chicken breasts, green beans
Friday: Shrimp scampi, (made with buy one get one free shrimp and cheap cheap cheap butter from Target)
Sunday: Popeye Pie (using bargain spinach, the free ham I was given for Christmas at my workplace, organic eggs that I snagged on about to expire special, and organic cottage cheese I got for .25 cents about to expire and froze.)
Monday: Baked eggplant Parmesan (everything, from eggplant to cheese, is from my freezer. Well, everything except the eggs.)
Tuesday: Buffalo style chicken wings, sauteed zucchini with Parmesan and walnuts - all from my freezer, with the exception of Frank's Red Hot for the wing sauce.
Wednesday: chili (to utilize the tons and tons of tomatoes I bought up for next to nothing, then froze. Thanks for the tip, Crystal!)
Thursday: Marinated chicken breasts, green beans
Friday: Shrimp scampi, (made with buy one get one free shrimp and cheap cheap cheap butter from Target)
What treasures will you uncover in your freezer and pantry?
1 comment:
I live alone and have a smallish freezer so losing stuff isn't too much of a problem.
I did a tour of my freezer back in September last year: http://theshoppingsherpa.blogspot.com/2006/09/tour-of-my-freezer.html
Post a Comment