Friday, May 23, 2008

Frugal Fridays: Frugality Blogs Help Keep me Frugal!

When I started my frugality journey, I had no idea how invaluable the internet would be to me. I knew the library rocked and I frequently used them for books on personal finance and frugality, but I did not realize how many people kept frugality blogs and coupon blogs and money blogs...This blogging community has helped me save a lot of money. Keeping a blog myself has helped me stay accountable as well.


I love how blogging helps so many people! Lately I've been noticing blogs that match up coupons with sales. There's sites you can pay to use, like The Grocery Game. You can also take the time to do it yourself, which I frequently do. But sites like these are awesome. They help me catch deals that I missed, and point me to bonus things, like printable coupons or coupons that I can load onto my Kroger card. I may not have known about this without these blogs and websites, and when people comment and tell others about deals they have found, it helps everybody. Coupons are just a small example of the many blessings these frugality blogs have bestowed on me and my family.


When I started my frugality journey, I felt very alone. Most of my friends were not going out of their way to save money. It was sometimes hard being the weird one. The frugal blogging community helps me find deals, encourages me, and makes me feel a little less crazy for living the frugal way.


Check out other frugal Friday tips and hints here!

5 comments:

Sonshine said...

Well said!

Lately, though I have tried to implement too many of frugal deals that have found by reading the blogs, books, etc. that I had to reexamine my budget and make sure that I wasn't just coming a complusive shopper because of a great deal.

Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your holiday weekend.

American Dreamer said...

I love your blog. I too am frugal. I have spent the last few months stockpiling about a years worth of cheap and free food so that I can spend a little more time blogging about the frugal things that helped us retire very early from the work world. Frugality and a regular savings plan got us there.

Anonymous said...

It seems that finally being frugal is catching on, and hopefully it will become the rule instead of the exception! I'm glad you found your way to the frugal community online, because we frugalistas need to stick together!
Homemaker Barbi

Anonymous said...

You said it so well! I think having a blog helps me think about what I'm doing more. I notice when I've got something right and have learned so many more things to try. It's really been a lot of fun.

Jennifer

Lisa B. said...

My journey of finding ways to be more frugal began last October. Have you checked out http://www.couponmom.com/ ? Sign up is free & easy. Then click on Grocery Deals by State and it will take you to what stores in your state she matches on sale items with current coupons also.