Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday Morning Mention

MMM is back on schedule! Here's what I found the past two weeks!

CNN.com is doing a lot of great life/work balance stories.

Trent at the Simple Dollar talks about frugality's perception problem. Well said!

Crystal at MoneySavingMom wrote an excellent article about the lessons she learned in their lean years. Excellent post!

Meredith ponders what to do when her tried and true frugal recipes are not so frugal anymore due to cost increases. Her solution? Substitutions!

Coupons are not just for junk food! When people see our grocery budget, they often assume I'm living on boxed mac 'n cheese, but there are coupons for so much more!

3 comments:

Rae said...

"When people see our grocery budget, they often assume I'm living on boxed mac 'n cheese"

That sort of thinking always makes me laugh. I couldn't *afford* boxed mac 'n cheese' during my lean days. For the cost of a cheap box of the stuff, I could buy enough lentils and brown rice to make ten meals. (My nephews are going to love me when they're older. Every time they whine about something, I'll pull out the stories of how I survived on lentils and brown rice during my lean years, LOL!)

Further evidence that 'some people just don't get it.'

Amiyrah said...

yay! monday morning mention is back! I missed it last week :o)

On the issue of people "just not getting it," this is very true for most. What we do is something that only a handful of people get and even less excel at. Because of human laziness, most see being frugal as too much of a headache and just don't bother. Those are also ones with maxed out cards, eat out most nights, have sour milk and velvetta in their fridge and wonder why they can't pay their bills every month. Its just not in everyone's DNA lol.

Paula Wethington said...

Thanks for the link on my coupon post!

I notice you're a temp worker. My sympathies. DH was on that roller coaster for far too long.

I really like CNN's "Issue 1" coverage too. There's a TV news program with that theme at noon Eastern - I try to catch it on my lunch break.